$2 M construction in Jupiter expected to take seven months (File photos)
The work areas are:
- Toney Penna from Alternate A1A to Orange Avenue.
- Old Dixie from 8th Street to about 500 feet south of Toney Penna Drive.
The work is expected to take about seven months.
Traffic will be able to pass in at least one lane in all directions during construction except for about four days when work will be done on the FEC tracks.
The date for the work on the FEC tracks has not been determined.
The $2 million Palm Beach County project includes:
- Roadway widening on Toney Penna Drive
- Sidewalk construction across FEC
- New traffic signal
- Directional medians
- Elevation changes to intersection
- Drainage work
- Utility relocation
Motorists and pedestrians should use alternate routes if possible, according the town website.
For information, go to jupiter.fl.us or call Palm Beach County Construction Coordination at 561-684-4180.