3 things to do this weekend in Jupiter
- Game starts Friday night at 6 p.m.
- Powder Puff Football – Gates open Friday at 5 p.m. for the girls tackle football game between the seniors and juniors at Jupiter Community High School’s football field on Military Trail. The game starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $5 for adults, 12 and under get in for $3. Children age 6 and under are free. Face painting, live music and food are planned. Most of the proceeds are set to be passed on to the class of 2017 to cover next year’s game costs.
* Snorkeling at Carlin Park
– The reef about 500 feet out has blue angels, butterfly fish, rays and grunts. Dolphin pods are also common along the one-half-mile guarded beach. Admission is free to the park on A1A in Jupiter just south of Indiantown Road.
* Riverbend Park
– Rent a bicycle and ride along the 10 miles of compacted shell-rock trails in the Palm Beach County Park located one mile west of Florida’s Turnpike on the south side of Indiantown Road. Admission is free. The park is open daily from sunrise to sunset. There is also fishing, hiking, horse trails and kayaking. Bicycles and kayaks can be rented at the park. Pets are not allowed. For information call 561-741-1359.