Austin’s dad: More iPhone investigation may be needed

Missing_Teens_001

The father of Austin Stephanos may agree to further investigation into the iPhone found aboard the boy’s boat, according to WPEC Channel 12.

Austin Stephanos and Perry Cohen, both 14, are still missing at sea after leaving the Jupiter Inlet on July 24.

Apple experts have been unable to retrieve any information from the iPhone, which was found aboard the boy’s boat in March. The iPhone had been aboard the boat for about eight months.

Stephanos’ attorney Michael Pike told Channel 12 that “options to explore” the iPhone are being considered by Stephanos.

No formal agreement with the Cohen family and other agencies has been made, according to the Channel 12 report.

For full coverage of Perry Cohen and Austin Stephanos, click here.

To watch the FWC video of the teens on their boat, click here.

Perry Cohen’s mother Pamela said in a-email after Apple made its announcement that more investigation into the iPhone is warranted.

“Apple has offered to securely hand the iPhone off to an expert in this technology if the families can agree on such an expert. We look forward to working cooperatively with Austin’s family toward this transition. We are not giving up on the iPhone’s potential for evidence until all viable efforts have been exhausted.”

An e-mail statement from Blu Stephanos read:

“But the fact that it can no longer function as a phone doesn’t diminish its value as a cherished memory of my beloved son. It’s a small piece of him; something he used to call me at night when he needed to talk to someone, something he put his stickers on and carried with him every day. As any parent would understand, to me, it’s not a broken phone, but a memory of my son that I will hold close to my heart and treasure for the rest of my life.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Reader Comments 0

0 comments